You can't get to heaven by just being good!


Friday July 6 2012:

Titus 3:5. “He saved us, not because of the good things we did, but because of his mercy.”

There is nothing we can do to earn our way into heaven and eternal life with Jesus!  It is only by his mercy that we can be saved!
God’s mercy is so great, it is unfathomable to our minds.  We are assured of the love of Christ and when we come to him and cry out to Him to save us, we can know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He is with us and he has redeemed us. It is a free gift so no one can boast about what he or she has done to gain entrance into God’s presence.

 Knowing that we are all the same in the eyes of God, puts all of us on the same level.  It does not matter if we are in the high-income bracket or if we are on social assistance.  When we come to Jesus in repentance asking forgiveness for our sins, we can rest in the assurance that we are forgiven and we will have a place in heaven with our Saviour in the life to come.
However, it is true, that after repenting of our sins and accepting the gift of salvation, our desire is to do good and bring pleasure to our heavenly Father and so we look for opportunities to perform pleasing tasks that bring comfort and encouragement to others.  It is a matter of wanting to share God’s goodness with someone else.

Prayer for today:  Dear Jesus, I am so thankful today for your redeeming grace that saved me from my sins. I know that you see me as pure and sinless because your blood washed my sins away when you died on the cross. I am so thankful that your salvation is free and your love is abundant for me.  Help me to show your love in my life so that others may also know your love and see you in me. In Jesus name , Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment