What are your plans??


Monday July 30 2012:

Jeremiah 29:11.  “ I know the plans I have for you”, says the Lord.”  They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

As parents, we always have a plan for our children.  I remember our plans!  They were perfect!  Our child would always listen to us, do as we ask, never complain because we were going to be ‘perfect’ parents! I was never going to lose my temper and always give reasonable explanations to everything.  Our children were going to finish school, attend University, and go on to a career they would love and eventually marry and have children, which would then be perfect as well! 

It wasn’t long before I realized my plans were not coming to fruition as I had visualized. Many times we were frustrated parents because our children would not heed our advice or they would do things that they knew would make us unhappy and angry.  Through all of it we never stopped loving them because we believed they would return to the basic moral and ‘right’ truths of what they were taught as small children.  Our children are now all grown and despite the detours they took, we are proud of each one and believe it or not all have grown into beautiful people.  If we instill the basics in our children and take time to teach them right and wrong and implement the consequences needed, most times our parenting will be successful.

In times of confusion and despair, turmoil and defeat, when we feel abandoned and don’t know which way to turn, God’s promise is vivid in Jeremiah.  God’s plan is always in place and we need to trust him fully, to lead us and direct us in the path he has chosen for our journey.  Even though we detour from time to time, the way to the ‘planned’ road is always available.  This is the path that is filled with hope for a blessed future.  Our job is to seek after the perfect plan and follow it.  Ask the Lord to direct you and show you wisdom and give you the courage to follow the plans he has chosen for you.

Prayer for today: Heavenly Father, I am so thankful that you have a plan for my life.  So often, I try to do things my way only to realize that my way is neither the best way nor the way to success.  I realize you have given me the freedom to choose and I want to choose your way.  Help me to listen for your voice and heed your direction in my life.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment