We are not given a spirit of timidity:


Thursday July 5 2012:

2 Timothy 1:7.  “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self discipline.”

Have you ever felt a twinge of urgency to speak to someone about the Lord Jesus Christ or an experience that you have had in your Christian walk with the Lord? I have!  And so often, I have not followed that lead for one reason or another. Paul tells us we should not be timid or fearful but we are often afraid to speak on behalf of God.
 
I remember being in church and watching a new comer, a young woman cautiously enter and sit a few rows from me.  I felt empathy for her and watched her as the Pastor spoke about the love of Jesus.  At the end of the message, there was an alter call and I felt I should go and offer to walk up the aisle with this young woman but I refused.  I was in a hurry to go home and cook a family dinner.  This neglect bothered me until the mid-week prayer service where I felt an urgency  to share my feelings of remorse and ask forgiveness for ignoring the voice of the Lord.  I know I am forgiven but ever since then I try to be more in tune with the still small voice of the Holy Spirit because I never want to feel the heaviness of neglecting his direction again.

We need to be available when we are needed and willing to speak on behalf of the Lord!

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, thank you for that person who was not afraid to speak to me when I accepted you as my personal Saviour. I am so grateful that you were not afraid to follow the purpose of your life on earth and I ask you to help me to be bold for you and not afraid or timid when I am urged to speak or perform an action for you.  Help me to be in tune with your direction and hear your still small voice when you speak to me. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment