Are you in a "storm" today?


Monday Monday July 8 2012:


Isaiah 26:4.  “Trust in the Lord, always, for the Lord God is the eternal rock.”

The wind was fierce, the waved were turbulent, the ship seemed like it would not withstand the storm, but the Captain gave the order,” Drop the anchor.”  As the command was obeyed, all knew that they could now outwait the storm.  Even though the little ship rocked, it remained on course and stable.  The Captain had assured himself that the anchor was as strong as a “Rock” in order to withstand even the fiercest of storms. The passengers and crew were calm because they had complete trust in their Captain.  They had been on this ship before!

In life, we are faced with one storm after another, some stronger and fiercer than others.  If we have an anchor that holds and is trustworthy, we can be assured of being able to withstand any storm that might develop. The Lord God is that rock!  Whatever storm you may be in right now, give it to the Captain and let him take care of it for you.  Jesus Christ is the Captain you can trust and put your faith in.  He will never let you down or let you drown if you ask Him for help.

Prayer for today:  Dear Jesus, I thank you for being my Captain in life’s storms. I know I can depend on you no matter what happens. I pray that I would learn to trust you and rely on you and not try and solve life’s problems by myself .  Help me to give you my fears, in Jesus name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment