Praying God's Will


Wednesday July 11 2012:

! Peter 2:6.  “........I am placing a stone in Jerusalem, a Chosen cornerstone, and anyone who believes in Him will never be disappointed.”

What an interesting concept!  A stone personified!  Only the Lord Jesus Christ can be called a “Stone” because he is:
1) Everlasting
2) Steadfast
3) In every area and part of the world
4) Strong enough to kill “giants”
5) Small enough to carry with us everywhere
6) Is found in all shapes, colors, sizes and weights.
7) Solid

The scriptures say, He will never disappoint us.  Put your trust in the Cornerstone because when we truly believe in Him, there are no disappointments or letdowns. However, we need to be careful not to confuse this promise with a fictitious genie that grants wishes. 

What we wish or whatever our desires, they are not always in our best interests.  We are not able to see the “big” picture but God sees it all!
If you have been asking God for something and it seems like He’s not hearing you, someone once said,  “prayer that does not line up with God’s will, will not be answered.” Ask yourself if this request is in your best interest and would this request be in God’s will for your life?  When you examine the answer, perhaps your prayer will be changed.

Prayer for today: Heavenly Father, Help me to be in your will so that my prayers will be what you desire for me.  Draw me closer to you.  I want to know you more. I want to follow your plan for my life.  Sometimes I need to be vividly reminded of who I am, which is a sinner saved by grace.  I need you Lord more than the air I breathe, more than my next heartbeat, more than anything. Help me to be what you want me to be.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment