Who/What is your Master?


Wednesday July 25 2012:

Romans 6:16.  “Don’t you realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master?”

Who is your master?  Every day I am tempted by invitations and requests to participate in activities and time consuming past-times, most of which I enjoy.  There are also the obligations of friends and family and the visitations to the elderly and so on and so on.  We are members of a golf club which most of our closest friends belong to as well.  There’s always the dilemma of being more actively involved in the church.  The house is often neglected because of pressing appointments and obligations.  We ‘have’ to entertain and return dinner invitations not to mention the numerous phone calls to return and spend time being a ‘good’ listener.  I have several half finished craft projects to complete and a plethora of material to begin new projects.  I need to spend at least one hour a day practicing my music and keeping my voice in ‘shape’ so when I do my entertaining in senior homes, I’ll be able to make the notes!  And I have only 24 hours in a day!

My husband tells me I have choices and he’s right!  I have often chosen the spirit of ‘busyness’ instead of the Spirit of God to fill my life!  Unless we choose to put God first, our lives will never be what they could be.  God desires for us to be ‘fully alive’!  When we choose to remove him from the number one position, we interfere with his plan for our lives.
There are so many opportunities for us to neglect our relationship with Christ but when we realize the importance of our choices, we can take steps to insure our master is our Creator.  As a result, our lives will unfold as they should and we will experience what it means to be ‘fully alive”!

Prayer for today.  “Dear Heavenly Father, I want to be obedient to you and yet I put other things in front of serving you and allowing you to be my Master.  Help me to prioritize my life so that you always come first.  Help me not to get caught up in the busyness of this life, I don’t have to do it all. Let me be willing to say “no” when I need to and take time to be with you and serve you in the capacity you have chosen for me. In Jesus Name. Amen

1 comment:

  1. ha...this apple did not fall far from the tree! =) However...there are many opportunities to put God first in the busyness, many opportunities to minister and many opportunities to speak of God during these times too. But then it truly is wonderful to sit and listen to that still small voice as He whispers encouragement, love, acceptance, guidance, forgiveness and as he pours gentleness, tenderness and compassion with an out pouring of complete acceptance upon our spirits and souls whilst we sit and his feet and worship Him.

    Thanks for sharing your heart My Mom! Thanks for being the PERFECT role model! Love you!

    ReplyDelete