Obedience to our faith even though everyone might laugh at us1


Thursday July 19 2012:

Hebrews 11:7, “..............by his faith he condemned the rest of the world and was made right in God’s sight.”

This verse speaks of Noah who continued to obey God, even though everyone laughed at him and probably thought he had lost his mind.  Imagine someone starting to build an ark to float on water when no one had even experienced the sensation or reality of rain up to that point.  Noah believed God and  performed an act of faith and trusted God despite what the world thought.

After confession and repentance comes faith.  We must believe that Jesus has forgiven us and in faith, go forth and tell others what he has done for us.

Yes; there will be rejection, ridicule and condemnation but the rewards will far outweigh the actions of non-believers.  In faith, miracles have been witnessed and in faith, the sick and afflicted have been made whole.  Faith cannot be seen, rather, it is a hope and belief that God is now and will be forever, what he says he is and promises to be in His word.  In faith we believe we are forgiven and made whole.

Prayer for  today:  Heavenly Father, I believe you have forgiven me and I am your child.  Just like the centurion in the Bible I am asking you to help my unbelief and increase my faith so that I may be able to tell others about salvation and the promises you have given to us.  Help me to spread the Good News about your saving grace and give me grace that I may obey your desires for my life.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment