What of discipline???


Tuesday July 3 2012:

Hebrews 12:6 “For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes those he accepts as his children.”

Why do parent’s discipline their children? 

Because they love them and want them to grow up to be responsible and caring adults!  I often see parents who are either too busy or too tired to take the time to teach their offspring responsibility.
 As a teacher, I sometimes get the impression that parents lack the incentive or energy to teach important basic rules to their children.  Many times, I am told,” I just can’t punish him because I want to be his friend”, or “It hurts me too much to punish him/her”.  I believe this is a gross injustice to a child. It is vitally important for a child to understand the consequences in life when respect is not displayed towards our fellow human beings or to those in authority.

How is it possible for a child to grow up and learn to respect God’s authority if they have never been taught how to respect someone in an authoritative position? 

God is the best teacher I know and when he wants us to learn something, he allows things to happen in order for us to learn!  Does he do this because he wants us to suffer?  No!  He does it because he loves us and wants us to be all that he created us to be.  Yes, sometimes the lessons are difficult but in the end we will come out as refined gold! 

Prayer for today: Dear Heavenly Father, I know you are a loving God and want what is best for me, your child.  You are so great and mighty, I find it awesome that you even love me at all.  I seem so insignificant in this wonderful world that you created for us to enjoy.  I also know that I am so far from what I can be and I am so thankful that you care enough about me to take the time to teach me the valuable lessons I need to learn.  Please forgive me for grumbling when things don’t always go my way.  I know your way is best and I want to be on your agenda not my own.  Help me to learn from the daily lessons and thank you for your love and caring about me. In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment