A deeper relationship!


Friday Sep.7 2012

2 Samuel 22:20.  “He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.”

This is part of David’s song to the Lord after the he was rescued from Saul and all his enemies.

Do you sense the Lord has led you to a place of safety?  Is he in the process of leading you, even now?  Are you following or are you continuing to follow the path of destruction?  If we do not follow the path the Lord prepares for us, we will never reach that beautiful place of safety. 

That place where we know we are sheltered by him, sheltered from the enemy who tempts us with worldly pleasures that look appetizing and may even be fun for a time, but that wonderful place of safety is where we will find and enjoy the sweet peace, contentment and joy that only the presence of the Lord provides.  He delights in our need for him and provides all our needs. 

When we allow his plan to unfold and follow the path he has chosen for us, we know we are in a safe place where nothing can harm us.  This is where we need to be.  Ask the Lord to show you where he would have you walk and listen for his answer.

Prayer for today:  Dear Lord, help me to be more like your son David, who searched for you and longed for a deeper relationship with you.  You led him to safe places even though his enemy was pursuing him day and night. Thank you, Lord for delighting in me and loving me beyond comprehension.  Help me to know you more and see where you want me to go.  Lead me today, Dear Lord.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment