You don't have to do it alone!


Friday September 28 2012:

Deuteronomy 31:8.  “ Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord is the one who goes before you; he will neither fail you nor forsake you.”

Do you have seemingly unsurpassable concerns looming ahead of you?

Joshua had just inherited the leadership position in taking the Children of Israel into the Promised Land.  It would seem feasible for Joshua to be concerned and perhaps “quivering” in his sandals at this huge responsibility considering whose sandals he was filling! 

God, however, confirmed Joshua’s position and gave him assurance, he would not be alone in his quest.  All Joshua needed to do was be obedient and allow God to lead him.

This promise is in God’s word for us as well as for Joshua.  The Lord will go before us and with us through all the trials that we encounter.  We are not promised an easy life, free from strife, but God promises to walk through the trials and ‘flames’ before us and with us.  He never leaves us alone to flounder on our own.

Prayer for today. Heavenly Father, I know you are with me no matter what and I want to thank you for your presence and your guidance every day that I live.  I cannot imagine how difficult life would be without you.  You are my strength when I am weak, my hope is built on you and I am so thankful to be your child.  Thank you for your promises to Joshua and to me even today because you are the same yesterday, today and forever.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment