Is it selfish and self centered to worry?


Monday September 24 2012:

1 Peter 5:7.  “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.”

I struggle with this scripture, do you?

As a wife of 46+ years, mother of five children, grandmother of eleven and retired teacher, I have had my share of worries and cares.  I have always been aware of this promise and have tried to apply it in my life.  With good intentions, I give my worries to the Lord and I know he willingly accepts them.  All too soon I start feeling guilty because I’m not worrying anymore.  Soon I find myself taking back the problem and worry takes over.  I know this is the work of the enemy telling me I  should not really give up the problem.  I know then that I feel I am too important to really submit the worry!.......!

I have discovered many people do the same thing about the cares of today but Peter tells us to give them to God.

Oh; that we could be so strong in faith and mature enough to realize it is against scripture to worry and fuss.  Let us practice his advice today and see what a wonderful peace is ours.  Perhaps we can also carry it into tomorrow and the next day until it becomes a spiritual automatic reflex.  What a glorious God we serve and how much he must love us to take all our cares.

Prayer for today:  Dear Heavenly Father, I am so thankful that you care about my worries and you tell me to give them all to you.  Lord, because I am who I am, I have trouble accepting this request and I tend to keep the worries to myself.  Help me, Lord to realize life is so much easier when I do what you expect me to do.  You are the Great I Am and everything is possible with you and I am not able to solve the problems so Lord, help me to give them and continue to give them to you.  My life will be less cumbersome and freer when I truly trust you with my whole life, even my troubles and worries.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment