Water when we're dry!


Thursday September 13 2012:

Isaiah 58:11  “The Lord will guide you continually, watering your life when you are dry and keeping you healthy too.”

This promise is given to us if we are an obedient child of God.   During my years as a public school teacher, I was very aware of this promise.  The Lord sent me 3 or 4 Christian students who enabled me to bring Christ into the classroom. 

I made a point of starting my personal day with a prayer, sometimes alone and sometimes with other teachers in the school I was teaching in, committing my classroom and each child to God’s will.  Although my prayers were often uttered in silence, depending who was in my classroom, the Lord blessed us abundantly.  There were many interesting spiritual discussions in our classroom from time to time.  In Alberta, Provincial exams are a fact for grade 3’s, 6’s, 9’s and 12’s so this was a particular stressful time for teachers as well as students.  Several years in succession the students would ask me to start the day with a verbal prayer for them to do their best in the test we were writing that day!  What a wonderful blessing to be able to do that at their request.

As I reflect on those years I am still astounded that there were no repercussions from the “higher echelon” because of the spiritual freedoms we enjoyed.  I know it was the watering of the Lord in a dry area. I believe some of those children  needed the knowledge of Christ and his love.  If you are in fear or timid about expressing your faith, turn it over to God and ask him to grant you wisdom and boldness in the opportunities he sends your way.

Prayer for today: Dear Lord, I am so thankful for the opportunities you send me to show your love.  Help me to be all that I can be and not to abuse the privileges you put before me or to ignore them.  I want to be sensitive to the leading of your Holy Spirit.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment