Does being "Godly" appeal to you?


Wednesday September 26 2012:

Psalm 97:11.  “Light shines on the Godly, and joy on those who do right.”

Our strongest desire should be to be Godly.  I had a friend tell me once, her desire was to be a Godly woman and I thought’ “ what a goal and hope to have.”  Imagine what an honour it would be to have the “Light of the World” reflect off of you or through you.  What a marvelous blessing to hear Jesus say, “My light will shine on you because you are Godly.”

With the Holy Spirit dwelling in you, you are equipped to be that person.  Even when we don’t feel Godly or joyful we can still reflect our desire to be a Godly person because it is the presence of Jesus that enables us to be perceived as Godly.  What a wondrous God we serve, who makes us appear better than we are in ourselves.  We are not able to do this on our own but Jesus says in our weakness, He is made strong.  Let God do his miracle in you today.

Prayer for today.  Heavenly Father, Oh! that I could be perceived as a Godly woman.  I know this is only possible with you and not on my own.  You are such a merciful God full of grace and forgiveness and you can use me to be what you want me to be if I allow you to be in control.  Help me to let my defenses down and yield to you in every way.  In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment: