A song from my heart written in memory of my Mom!



Weekend Read  September 23 2012!

Most friends know that I lost my Mom to cancer the day before my 11th birthday.  As I read through her Bible, I noticed every verse about healing, was underlined in red.  I believe her favorite passage was the story about the woman who had a sickness that could not be cured, but her faith gave her the courage to push through the crowds and touch the hem of the garment of Jesus.  She was healed.  

One day during my quiet time with the Lord, I was overcome with his great love for me.  I was awed by his mercy and his faithfulness, not only for me but for others as well.  As I meditated on this wonderful blessing, the Lord gave me a song that reflected my feelings somewhat.  It began with this  story .................... 



Let Me Be Worthy To Touch The Hem of His Robe:
I’m not worthy to kneel at your feet, Lord.
I’m not worthy to look on your face.
But I know you have made me complete, Lord.
Praise your name, I am saved by your grace.
Cho
Oh, Draw me close enough to kneel at your feet, Lord
Let me come and touch the hem of you robe.
I can never walk the steps that Jesus walked for me
But let me be worthy to touch the hem of the robe.

There’s a story in the Bible of a woman
With a sickness that could not be cured
She was humbled by the love of the Saviour
And found healing in the touch of his robe.

I’m just a lowly sinner on this planet
But in the eyes of the Lord I can stand
He’s forgotten and removed my transgressions
And I have felt the healing touch of his hand.

I am humbled by the love of my Saviour
And I know that he is mine eternally
I can never repay his awesome favor
Yet, He tells me of this debt I am free.

Written by Adena Paget July 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment