How do we fill the void?


Monday September 17 2012:

1 John 2:16.  “The world offers only the lust for physical pleasure, the lust for everything we see, and pride on our possessions.  These are not from the Father.  They are from this evil world.”

We downsized last summer.  Our new home is a small townhouse with much less space than we previously had but it is brighter and sunnier and newer so in my estimation it is nicer.  People could not believe I would be happier in a smaller home but it is not the things of this world that bring us happiness just as John tells us in this scripture. That is not to say that God does not delight in the happiness of his children but it is not our surroundings or the things we have that fulfill us! 

I know people who have everything their hearts desire and they are the most miserable I have met.  It seems the more we have the more we want.  There is only one thing that totally fills our need and that is a relationship with Jesus Christ.  When he fills us up, everything else is “icing on the cake”!  If you are not happy or fulfilled, try Jesus! 

Today, be thankful for the blessings that God has given you and stop lusting after physical pleasures, take pride in the relationship you have with Christ and your family and not in your earthly possessions!  Don’t let your circumstances dictate your attitude or mood.  Let the Son of God fill you with true joy and lasting contentment.

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, I thank you that I don’t have to rely on material things for my happinessYour love is all encompassing and you are my source of joy.  You fill my life with blessings and in those I have joy unspeakable and full of glory. thank you for taking care of me.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment