Using your God given gifts.


Friday September 21 2012:

1 Peter 4:10 “ God has given gifts to each of you from his great variety of spiritual gifts.  Manage them well so that God’s generosity can flow through you.”

Do you know what gift or gifts God has given you?  Are you using it for his glory?

As a child, I loved to sing in front of an audience.  I was sure my gift was singing.  When I married, I forgot about singing because I thought I was too busy with my family, although I always sang to the children and still had a burning desire to sing for others. 

Years later I began leading worship in a small church which I found very satisfying and enjoyable but after five years, this situation ended on  an unpleasant note.  I felt abandoned and useless as a singer and stopped singing.  My brother who is a professional musician encouraged me to sing, just to sing, even if only for myself.  I began singing and the Lord has opened several venues for me to use my gift.  Now I sing unto the Lord and he blesses me. 

For a time I placed my God given talent under a “bush” but when I began to exercise it again, God started using it for his glory.  I believe he will continue to bless me as I use the gift he entrusted me with.

Dear Lord, thank you for giving us gifts that we can use for you.  Help me to recognize my gifts and use them for your honour and glory.  Help me not to push them down and bury them but to be blatant and look for opportunities to use them.  May you be blessed by seeing me use your creation to it’s fullest. In Jesus name. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment