Is God your life?


Thursday September 27 2012:

Deuteronomy 30:20.  “Choose to love the Lord your God and to obey him and commit yourself to him, for he is your life.”
This is part of the message Moses gave to the Children of Israel before he announced his retirement as their leader.  It implies that, now, as then, we have a choice; to follow God or not.  It also tells us if we choose to obey the Lord God, we will experience life. 

So many people today, are existing and missing out on the way life was meant to be enjoyed.  They scurry about trying to earn enough money to buy, buy, buy and in the end, they miss out on true peace and inner joy.  A commitment to live a Godly life is what brings a full life. 

To be fully alive in God’s presence is the ultimate.  It is then, we can give our burdens and concerns to him and trust him to resolve whatever the problem is. At times, we are amazed and surprised yet he tells us in his Word, he will take care of us.

Prayer for today: Heavenly Father, I am so grateful that you are a mighty God and promise to give me life and give it to me more abundantly.  All I need to do is choose to be your follower and your grace and mercy will enable me to live a fuller life.  Without you, Lord I am nothing so today I ask you to give me a deep desire to follow you in all my ways.  Thank you for being my Lord and loving me. In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment