keep trusting!!!


Wednesday Sep.12 2012:

Psalm 50:15.  “Trust me in your time of trouble, and I will rescue you and you will give me glory.”

It is not easy to trust God when trouble is nagging us from every direction, yet God tells us to do just that! 

The story of Elijah in 1 Kings 17 & 18, is a vivid lesson in trusting God when trouble surrounds us.
 
During the drought, God places Elijah by a spring where ravens bring his food.  Elijah is thankful for his God given provision and shortly after, the spring dries up.  Does Elijah panic and blame God?  No!  He continues to listen for God’s instruction.  His faith is strengthened by trusting.  God provided a way out of his dilemma.  God is still the same today as he was then. 
Even though we seem to be in an impossible situation, Jehovah Jirah ( God will provide) is here!  He will and does rescue his children.  Look back in your life when the situation seemed impossible and yet you trusted.  We need to give God glory for all the times he has been with us through every trial that befalls us.  Our job is to trust him as his loved and cherished child.

Prayer for today.  Lord Jesus, thank you for all the times you carried me when I was unable to make it on my own.  I know you will see me through all my trials.  Help me to trust you and then to give you all the glory and honour for being there.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment