Jealousy and conceit are destructive!


Wednesday September 19 2012:

Ephesians 5:26  “ Let us not become conceited or irritate one another or be jealous of one another.”

A well-known adage goes something like this,
“ You can’t control anyone else’s attitude, you only have control of you own.”
In light of this, it is our responsibility to choose the reaction to an action or word within ourselves making it beneficial to the situation at hand.  If we succeed in taking control of our attitude, we can also be somewhat in control of how we are perceived by others.
Paul has been talking about how to live our daily lives but he does not expect us to live our daily lives this way on our own strength.  He advocates living by the Holy Spirit.  It is only with the help and power of the indwelling Holy Spirit that we have the strength to endure and live the recommended life as a believer and follower of Christ.  Let us not covet others or feel we are better than them because these feelings hinder our relationship with Jesus.  Ask the Holy Spirit to guide your thoughts and deeds and give you strength to live as a true Christian.

Prayer for today. Heavenly Father, I am so thankful today that you have given me the Holy Spirit to help me,  give me strength and courage and make me all that I can be.  Because of this, help me not to covet what others have or what they are, instead, may I be thankful to you for creating me just the way I am and may I be willing and able to hear you’ when you need to get my attention.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment