Turn your weakness into strength!


Friday September 14 2012:

2 Corinthians 12:8.  “.........My gracious favor is all you need.  My power works best in your weakness.”

In Romans, Paul says, “When I am weak then I am strong”.

One summer I was asked to share in a ladies retreat by teaching a class and leading worship.  The morning of the Sunday service, I awoke with my first full-blown migraine headache!  I couldn’t stand up and every time I moved, I heaved from stomach turns.  I didn’t know what to do.  This was a new experience for me.
 
Some helpful souls gave me all kinds of medication but nothing seemed to work.  In attendance was a dear Pastor’s wife who gathered some prayer warriors to lay hands on me and pray for strength and relief so that I could continue with leading the worship service.  As I made my way to the platform, I felt another source of strength holding me up.  I cannot remember the songs or what I said but many women came up to me after and encouraged me by informing me it was the best worship service they had attended.  It was not my strength but the Holy Spirit whom God sent to lead through me.

 This seems, to me, to be a lesson for us not to rely on our own strength but allow the Holy Spirit to lead no matter what the circumstance. That is not to say we shouldn’t be prepared but once we have done our work then it is time to give it to the Lord and let him do his work!

Prayer for today:  I praise you Lord for who you are!  I am so thankful that I don’t have to rely on my own wisdom or strength to do your work.  Thank you God for sending Jesus and Thank you Jesus that you came and thank you for giving us the Comforter who helps us in every situation.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment