Being faithful........


Tuesday September 18 2012:

1 John 2:25 “In this fellowship we enjoy the eternal life he promised us.”

John speaks here of being faithful to what has been taught, i.e. to deny the world and cling to the truth which consists of the presence of the Holy Spirit, enabling us to discern right from wrong. (vs.27)

 Living in fellowship with Christ gives us courage and boldness to profess our faith and not shrink back in shame.  For a close fellowship we need to maintain a consistent communication between God and us.  Any sin or flaw that comes between this relationship creates a “crack” which increases as time between prayer and repentance grows.  I have discovered, the sooner I come in repentance, asking for a clean heart and forgiveness, the deeper my joy and fellowship grows.  We are created to praise our Creator but when sin stands in the way, it becomes difficult to be thankful, to rejoice or give praise.

Prayer for today. Heavenly Father, I am so grateful for the promises you give to me and especially the promise of an eternal life with you.  Forgive me for neglecting to come to you when I have done wrong.  If I have any sins that I am not aware of bring them to my mind so that I might ask your forgiveness and be in a closer relationship and fellowship with you.  In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment